攀登者·特辑||KBArchitects:大自然的先锋者

行走的空间 2020-12-16 20:54:40

2020年,KB Architects总建筑师/创始人Steffen Mattaboni因疫情之故,在他的故乡,澳大利亚隔离了长达10个多月,也因此无法亲临“2020GNDF环球新设计论坛”活动现场。但是他对本次论坛主题:生活进化与时代精神,依然保持深度关注与思考……为此,Steffen先生历时1个多月,去到大自然乡野采风、去关注当地人文与建筑的变迁和生长、去重新审视时代带给当地的印迹,并亲自撰文、录制了视频阐述他对建筑、可持续发展、人文和社会变化的旁观。从中,我们能感受到Steffen先生作为一个建筑师对当下的反思与人文关怀,他充满智慧、慷慨、专注,富有同理心的工作态度感染了我们,某种意义上这也是业界的幸运。以下是建筑师演讲的部分摘要,以飨读者:

今年中国春节期间我返回了澳大利亚,

I arrived in Australia during Chinese New year holiday

回来后不得不自我隔离,

and had to self-isolate after returning from overseas,

所以我决定在我的家乡度过这段时间

so I decided to spend that time in my hometown

我已经很多年没有再去那里了。

which I haven’t revisited for many years.

我已经忘记了那里的特别之处,

I’d forgotten much of what makes this part of the world special,

但当被这样一个宁静的环境包围时,

and it is easy to reminisce and be introspective

很容易让人回忆和反省。

when surrounded by such a peaceful environment.

我在这里长大。

I grew up here.

这是一个历史渔村,

It’s an old fishing village,

人口只有我现在工作的深圳的十万分之一。

with a population about 1/100,000th the size of Shenzhen where I work today.

这个小镇是澳大利亚最古老的定居点之一,建于1890年,

This town is one of the oldest settlements in Australia, founded in 1890 –

与中国历史相比,它非常年轻,

very young considering Chinese history,

但在这里定居的人们面临着与人类开拓历史完全相同的困难,

but the families that settled here faced exactly

the same difficulties of all human pioneering throughout time,

他们需要躲避这片无情的土地的庇护所。

they needed shelter from an unforgiving land.

孩童时期,我们学习过这段历史,

As a child, we studied this history,

我记得我对那些开创这片土地的人们怀有强烈的同情,

and I remember having strong sympathy for the families

that pioneered this landscape,

思考他们如何在这片无情的土地上耕耘,

thinking how they had to till this unforgiving soil,

如何砍伐世界上最坚硬的树木,

and cut some of the hardest woods in the world,

来建造原始的棚屋。

to make primitive huts.

正是这段童年记忆,

It’s a childhood memory

我认为它一直在潜意识里影响着我对大自然的依恋。

that I think has always had a subconscious influence on my attachment to nature.

小时候在这样的风景下玩耍,

my little friends and I would steal saws, axes and shovels from our parent’s workshops,

我和我的小伙伴们会从父母的工作间偷锯子、斧子和铲子,

As a child playing in this landscape

然后到森林里探索、砍伐树枝和长草来建造“原始小屋”

and explore into the forest,

cutting branches and thatch and making “primitive huts”

我们扮演先锋者、定居者——

we were pioneers, settlers –

那时,我还不知道的是,我们也是建筑师。

and of course I didn’t know it yet, but we were architects then.

在最近的几周,我开始思索一个建筑设计项目的汇报方式,

During the more recent weeks, I started to dread

the thought of making another presentation of our architecture work

因为今年我有时间回顾和思考我们作过的所有(工作),

because I’ve had some time this year to look back

and think of what we’ve done,

包括那些我们可能已经错过了的机会,

what opportunities we may have missed,

像今天这样的机会我真的不想错过,

and I really didn’t want to miss a chance like this,

能在这里与我在中国结交的同事和朋友们分享一些亲身感受,

to share something personal with my colleagues

and the friends I have made in China,

并以这种有意义的方式来讨论为什么我们这样做,而我们又做些什么,

and in a meaningful way try to discuss why we do what we do,

而不是陈述在典型项目汇报时我们如何演示。

rather than the how and what of typical project presentations.

我一直在努力寻找一种方式来传达这种感觉

I was struggling to find a way to convey this feeling

而不是展示一幅又一幅的建筑照片(的形式)。

–not just show photo after photo of buildings.

那天傍晚,我在游廊里喝茶,

So, I was drinking my tea on the verandah one evening,

太阳落下后的天空无比辉煌,

and this sky was magnificent after the sun went down,

当我牵着狗走过海岸的时候,水面非常平静,

the water was very still when I walked the dog along the coast earlier,

下午从山上回来后我还能闻到森林(的味道),

and I could smell the forest as I came back up the hill in the afternoon

那时我知道了我想要探讨的话题。

and it occurred to me immediately,

在苦苦思索了几周我相对大家谈论什么而无果的时候,

after struggling with what to present for weeks

大自然跳出来给了我答案。

nature provided the answer.

我想与大家探讨我们的环境是如何成为我们的信仰、存在,

I want to discuss how our environment is fundamental to our beliefs, our existence,

当然还有我们的艺术和建筑学的基础。

and of course our art and architecture.

Ironically,

讽刺的是,是可持续发展和自然环境推动和加筑了我们的工作,

it is sustainability and the natural environment

that has underpinned all the work of our practice

但我这竟被我忘了缘由!

I had just forgotten why!

正如建筑理论家Laugier在1753年所写的,

As the architecture theorist Laugier had written in 1753,

“原始小屋”的概念探索了建筑学的起源和实践。

the “Primitive Hut” concept explored the origins and practice of architecture.

它将人类与自然环境的关系理论化,

It theorised our anthropological relationship with the natural environment,

作为建筑创作的基础。

as the fundamental basis for the creation of architecture.

原始小屋的理念主张:

The idea of The Primitive Hut contends

理想的建筑形式是自然和内在本质的具象化体现。

that the ideal architectural form embodies what is natural and intrinsic.

当我想到我的童年与过去,

When I think of my childhood past,

在我家附近的树丛里建造那些小结构,

making little structures in the bush near my home

研究开创这个地区先锋们的历史,

–studying the history of the pioneering families of this region,

以及对面马路那片埋葬他们的祖先的地方,

their ancestral burial places just across the road from where I grew up,

许多建筑教育下(产生)的概念

many concepts of our architecture education

以及作为建筑师多年来讨论过的许多想法

many thoughts that had been discussed over years practicing as an architect

似乎凝结成一个清晰可辨的心路历程,

–they seemed to coalesce into a recognizable journey

一条道路,从原始的小屋延伸向前,

a path, beginning with the Primitive Hut

一直到今天我们的(事务所)实践。

and still stretching ahead of where our practice is today.

关于建筑师The Architect

Steffen Mattaboni,澳大利亚知名建筑师,KBa建筑师事务所创始人,澳大利亚A+注册建筑师,ARBV澳大利亚建筑师协会RAIA成员。他主导的项目融合了建筑与室内,以人类体验和商业价值为基本品牌理念,致力于以丰富肌理和高品质人居环境营造。

作为一间基于墨尔本建筑技术,并拥有丰富亚洲市场实践的建筑机构,KBa Architects利用分层影响力来创建独特的可移植项目,每个项目都以功能性和环境可持续性为基础。创始人Steffen喜欢与客户,顾问和技术团队一起协作探索新想法,致力于住宅,公共空间,办公场所、旅游和教育等多领域的广泛探索。

设计是什么?

现代主义建筑大师勒·柯布西耶曾经说:建筑来自于需求,而需求来自于现实。设计同样如此,它源起于基于社会需求产生的一种思考方法和创新过程,融合了人类社会、自然环境、文化艺术,科技与产品运用。

科技进步、新的经济增长方式和人们对生活方式不断的更新迭代,为设计提供了扩展价值的机会,也带来了全新的挑战。

2020年是个特殊的年份,后疫情时代,人们更加珍重日常的可贵,对健康舒适的家居生活也有了更新的期待。唯有那些用心洞察真实的需求,充满新鲜感和趣味的新设计,才能抵消枯燥和沉闷,设计的新生Newborn,正在到来。

我们邀请了9位设计师嘉宾,他们都拥有超过十六年的从业经历,他们都身在粤港澳大湾区设计前沿,他们都是设计产品勇攀高峰的实践者,对市场的变化与趋势都有切身之感,他们都荣膺2020Himalaya Design Awards Winner殊荣,我们期待通过荣誉加持与观点流动,创意设计·赋能湾区·拥抱时代。

作品·篇The Project

Grand Hyatt Mountain Villa

KB.Architects / Steffen Mattaboni

今天的我们继续执行这一观念,KBa在东莞的住宅设计已经成为公司内部员工按照这一观念操作的设计范例。

We continue this edict today, where a family home in Dongguan served as a design-process exemplar for our junior staff.

为了最大限度地利用基地的自然环境所固有的优势,别墅利用双向设计将室内简朴的空间通过现有主结构,延伸到了花园中,将景观和森林的远景封装起来。大型的百叶结构为玻璃提供了遮阳,一开门便能感受到进入这空间后周围自然环境与住宅融合于一体的宁静,这却是在城市住宅中难以实现的。

Fashioned to maximise the advantages inherent in the impressive natural context of the site, Villa InOut extends the modest interior space of the existing primary structure, into the garden, encapsulating the vista of landscape and forest, beyond. Extensive use of glazing protected by brise-soleils, open this abode to enhance a lifestyle of natural environment and serenity unachievable in most city residences, and that of the Client.

Rear Admiral House

KB.Architects / Steffen Mattaboni

Rear Admiral House位于狭窄而局促的地块上。这是城郊典型的场地特性,但隐私、户外空间、自然光线的穿透与和热舒适度一个也不能少。建筑师根据客户提出的必要要求简述,移除了所有外部无利元素,对设计发展过程做了减法。

结果我们得到了一个削减并极简的设计,在非常有限的空间内“一落即合”,而且在澳大利亚墨尔本恶劣的气候条件下最大限度地提高了热效率。Paul Best曾在澳大利亚主要出版物上写下“一个破旧的挡风板因建筑师的信念而重生。”

The narrow and restrictive lot size of Rear Admiral House bore constraints typical of inner-suburban living, where the need for privacy, outdoor spaces, solar penetration and thermal comfort drove the inception of a subtractive design development process –whereby the architect removed all extraneous elements having no direct positive outcome on the necessary requirements of the Brief.

The result was a pared-back and minimalist design well-suited to the limited space, and well-orientated to maximise thermal efficiencies in the difficult climate of Melbourne, Australia. As was written by Paul Best, featuring the design in a major Australian publication, “A weary weatherboard is reborn as a showcase for an architect's beliefs.”

LBX Tree

KB.Architects / Steffen Mattaboni

如果地块周遭不具有良好自然环境优势,或有着不佳的建筑朝向,那么对场地特性,尤其是对客户或者设计要求,我们需要将场地特性的判断延伸到地块所包含的文化背景或者传统意义中去。这种情况以我们最近为长沙一家大型企业新总部建筑方案中为例:地块受到诸多限制,且建筑占地面积边线对建筑外观设计不利。

因此,我们从场地的历史对客户的意义这个角度入手,以及那些使该公司成名的因素——利用这些因素来驱动反映环境的设计解决方案,并加深对场地特性更广泛的理解。最终得到的设计方案是一个有机的形式,视觉上让人联想到古老的生命之树,并象征性地代表了客户所经营的健康行业。

Where a site offers little in advantageous natural surroundings or unfavourably pre-determines building orientation, site-specificity extends to encompass a cultural context or heritage significance, particular to the Client or Brief. This condition was evident in our recent proposal for the urban development of a new Headquarters for a large corporation in Changsha.

The site was restrictive and offered no beneficial outlook to assist the design process, instead our office considered the historic significance the Client bore to the site, and the enterprise for which their company had become renowned for –using these factors to drive a design resolution reflective of the context and a broader understanding of site-specificity. The outcome was an organic form, visually reminiscent of the ancient tree of life and symbolically representative of the health industry the Client operates in.

作为一间跨越到亚洲的国际事务所,我们具有对文化敏感性和当地传统的敏锐意识。而理解建筑依存的物理环境和心理环境,则需要对影响本地化设计的领域开展联合研究。

As a foreign office operating throughout Asia, we are acutely aware of cultural sensitivities and local heritage. Understanding the physical and psychological context within which a building will exist demands concerted study of the spheres of influence affecting localized design.

特别是对中国来说,我们对风水的建设性原则的研究和整合是我们工作中对当代成果设计发展的重要补充。从我们的外部角度来看,许多已然形成的风水理念,和建筑设计中广为人知的被动设计概念之间的共通性是如此之高。因“地“制宜与所有建筑学术语的整合,才是现代建筑中真正体现东西方文化相映生辉之精妙。

Particular to China, our research into and integration of the constructive principles of Feng Shui is paramount in providing complimentary assistance to the design development of contemporary outcomes in our work. From our external perspective, the similarity between much of the constructed Feng Shui edicts, and the well-understood notions of passive design –are self-evident. Site-specificity and the integration of all that term encompasses, is truly where East meets West in modern architecture.

*以上图片由设计机构提供,如需转载请联系我们

0 阅读:0

行走的空间

简介:推荐有温度、态度、深度的优设计,分享一切美好与感动。