视频加载中...Bigger welcome! Hello, San Francisco!
热烈欢迎!你好,旧金山!
TEDx, oh my God, blinding light!
TEDx,噢,我的天哪,灯光好亮!
Hi, everybody! How are you?
嗨,大家好吗?
Fine? Oh my gosh! Okay, so...
挺好的?哦,我的天啊!好,那么......
My name is Mel Robbins, and for the last seventeen years, I have done nothing but help people get everything that they want.
我叫梅尔·罗宾斯,在过去的十七年里,我除了帮助人们获得他们想要的一切之外,什么也没做。
Within reason! My husband's here.
当然是合理范围内!我丈夫在场呢。
And so, I've done it in the courtroom, in the boardroom, in the bedroom, in people's living room, whatever room you want to be in, if I'm there, I will help you get whatever you want by any means necessary.
所以,我在法庭上,在会议室里,在卧室里,在人们的客厅里,在任何你能想到的地方,凡是我在的地方,我会以任何必要的手段帮助你得到任何想要的东西。
For the last three years, I host a syndicated radio show.
在过去的三年里,我主持了一个全国性的电台节目。
Five days a week, I go live in forty cities and I talk to men and women across America who feel stuck.
每周五天,我在四十个城市进行现场直播,与全美感到困顿的男男女女交谈。
Do you know that a third of Americans feel dissatisfied with their lives right now?
你知道现在有三分之一的美国人对他们的生活感到不满吗?
That is a hundred million people!
那就是 1 亿人!
That's insane!
这太夸张了!
And I've come face to face with it in this new show that I'm doing, which is also insane, it's called "In-laws".
我正在做的一档疯狂的新节目直面这个问题,这个节目叫 "In-laws"。
I move in with families across America.
我搬去美国各地的家庭和他们同住。
You guessed it!
你猜对了!
Who are at war with their in-laws.
这些家庭正和他们的亲家闹别扭。
We move them into the same house, I verbally assassinate everybody, we open up Pandora's box, and I get people to stop arguing about the donuts and who is hosting Thanksgiving dinner, and talk about the real stuff.
我们住在同一屋檐下,我对每个人都是嘴上不饶人,惹了许多麻烦,我让他们别为了甜甜圈,或为谁来主办感恩节晚餐争论不休,应该谈谈实质的东西。
And that's what I want to talk to you about.
这些也是我想要跟你们谈的。
I'm here for you.
我为了你们站在这儿。
I'm going to tell you everything I know in less than eighteen minutes about how to get what you want.
在不到 18 分钟的时间里,我会告诉你我所知道的一切,告诉你如何得到你想要的东西。
So I want you to take a millisecond right now and I want you to think about what you want.
所以,我希望你们现在花一点时间,想想自己想要什么。
You! And I want you to be selfish.
你们!我要你们自私一点。
Screw Simon and the "We" thing.
别管西蒙和 "我们" 什么的。
This is about me, right now!
这是关于我自己,就现在!
Sorry, Simon.
抱歉,西蒙。
What do you want?
你想要什么?
And here's the deal.
这问题要这样看。
I don't want it to sound good to other people.
不用说得冠冕堂皇。
Being healthy will not get your ass on a treadmill.
光是强身健体哪有什么动力。
Losing your manboobs, so you can hook up with somebody, now that's motivation.
把你男性乳房给瘦没了才能勾搭上某人,那才是动力。
So, I want to know: What do you want?
所以,我想知道:你想要什么?
Do you want to lose weight?
你想减肥吗?
Do you want to triple your income?
你想要你收入翻三倍吗?
Do you want to start a nonprofit?
你想要建立一个非营利组织吗?
Do you want to find love?
你想要找到真爱吗?
What is it? Get it, right here.
想要什么?留住它,在这里(指脑袋)。
You know what it is, don't analyze it to death, just pick something.
你知道想要什么,别往死里分析,就选一个。
That's part of the problem. You won't pick.
这是问题的一部分,你没法选择。
So, we're going to be talking about how you get what you want.
所以,我们要谈谈你如何得到你想要的。
And frankly, getting what you want is simple.
坦率地说,得到你想要的很简单。
But notice I didn't say it was easy.
但注意,我没说这很容易。
It's very simple.
它很简单。
In fact, if you think about it, we live in the most amazing moment in time.
事实上,如果你想一想,我们生活在历史上最神奇的时刻。
So that thing that you have up here, whatever it may be, you want to use healthy eating to cure your diabetes, you want to figure out how to take care of the elders and start a new hospice center, you want to move to Africa and build a school.
你脑袋里想的事儿,不管是什么,你想要使用健康饮食治好糖尿病,你想要知道如何照顾老年人并成立一个临终关怀中心,你想要去非洲建立一所学校。
Guess what? You can walk into a bookstore right now!
你知道吗?你现在就可以走进书店!
And buy at least ten books written by credentialed experts on how the hell you do it.
你能买到至少十本由资深专家撰写的关于如何做到这一点的书。
You could Google it.
你可以谷歌搜索一下。
And you could probably find at least, I don't know — a thousand blogs documenting the step-by-step, by-step transformation that somebody else is already doing.
你可能会发现,我不知道,至少有上千个博客记录了别人已经在做的一步一步的转变。
You can find anybody online and cyber-stalk them!
你可以在网上找到任何人,然后在网上跟踪他们!
You can just walk in their footsteps — just use the science of drafting.
你可以跟着他们的步骤——就像打草稿一样。
Follow what everyone else has done, because somebody is already doing it!
跟着别人做,因为已经有人在做了!
So why don't you have what you want, when you have all the information that you need, you have the contacts that you need, there are probably free tools online that allow you to start a business, or join a group, or do whatever the heck you want!
所以为什么你没有得到你想要的?当你拥有必需的所有信息,你拥有必需的联系人,大概也有免费的在线工具让你开始工作,或加入一个组织,或者做任何你想做的!
It all comes down to one word: F*©
#.这都得归结为一个词:F*©#。
Shut the front door, you know what I'm talking about?
把前门关上,你知道我在说什么吗?
The f-bomb. It's everywhere!
F 炸弹。它无处不在!
You hear it all the time!
你总是听到它!
I honestly don't understand what the appeal is of the word.
我真心不明白这词的魅力是什么。
I mean, you don't sound smart when you say it.
我是说,你说这词的时候听起来并不聪明。
And it's really not expressing how you really feel.
它也没有表达你真实的感受。
It's sort of a cheap, you know, shot to take.
它似乎有点低级。
And of course, you know I'm talking about the word "fine".
当然你知道我在说这个词:"挺好"。
"How you doing?" "Oh, I'm fine." Oh, really? You are?
"你好吗?" "哦,我挺好"。哦,真的吗?是吗?
Dragging around those extra forty pounds, you're fine?
拖着那多余的四十磅,你挺好?
Feeling like roommates with your spouse, and you're fine?
与你的配偶感觉像室友,你挺好?
Really? !
真的吗?!
I don't think so!
我不这么觉得!
But see, here's the deal with saying that you're fine: It's actually genius.
不过,说你挺好的这事儿呢,其实蛮天才的。
Because if you're fine, you don't have to do anything about it.
因为如果你挺好,你不用再做什么。
But when you think about this word "fine", it just makes me so angry.
但当你思考一下“挺好”这个词,它就是让我很生气。
Here we are at a conference about being alive and you're going to describe the experience of being alive as "fine"?
我们在一个讨论关于活着的会议,然后你要描述活着的感受为 "挺好"?!
What a flimsy and feeble word!
一个多么单调微弱的词啊!
You're crappy, say you're crappy!
如果你感到糟糕,就说你很糟糕!
If you're amazing say you're amazing!
如果你感觉好极了,就说你好极了!
Tell the truth!
说实话!
And this not only goes for the social construct: "Oh, I don't want to burden you with the fact that I hate my life", or: "Hey, I'm amazing! But that would make you feel terrible." The bigger issue... The bigger issue with "fine" is that you say it to yourself.
而且这不只是针对这种社交观念:"哦,我不想因为厌恶自己的生活现状让你有负担",或者:"嘿,我的确很厉害!但这会让你感觉很糟。”更大的问题是"挺好"是你对自己说。
That thing that you want, I guarantee you, you've convinced yourself that you're fine not having it.
那个你想要的东西,我敢保证,你已经说服了自己,没有得到想要的也挺好。
That's why you're not pushing yourself.
这就是为什么你不鞭策自己。
It's the areas in your life where you've given up.
这是你生活中已经放弃的领域。
Where you've said, "Oh, I'm fine. My mom's never going to change, so I just can't have that conversation." "I'm fine. You know we've got to wait until the kids graduate before we get divorced, so we'll just sleep in separate bedrooms." "I'm fine. I lost my job, I can barely pay my bills, but whatever — It's hard to get a job." And you know, one of the reasons why this word also just annoys me so much is, scientists have calculated...
当你说过:“哦,我挺好。我妈妈永远不会改变,所以我不能进行那场对话。”“我挺好,我们得等到孩子们毕业再离婚,所以我们就分房睡。””我挺好,我丢了工作,几乎付不起账单,但不管了——找份工作太难了。”你知道,这个词让我如此恼火的原因之一是科学家们已经算出......
Oh yeah, I'm coming down!
哦耶,我下来了!
Scientists have calculated the odds of you being born.
科学家们已经算出你出生的几率。
That's right. They've crunched the numbers. I see you up there.
没错,他们已经计算过了,我看到了上面的你。
They've crunched the numbers on you.
他们已经计算过你的数据了。
Yeah, you guys standing up, you want to sit down for this.
没错,站起来的那几位,你们最好先坐下来。
They've crunched the numbers on you being born.
他们计算了关于你出生的数据。
And they took into account all of the wars, and the natural disasters, and the dinosaurs, and everything else.
他们考虑到了所有的战争、自然灾害、恐龙和其他一切。
And you realize that the odds, the odds of you, yeah, right here, put your computer away, stand up for me, Doug!
你知不知道这个几率,你的几率,对,就这儿,收起你的电脑,给我站起来,道格!
So the odds of Doug here, turn around, say "hi" to everybody...
所以道格的几率,转过来和大家说“嗨”……
The odds of Doug being born at the moment in time he was born, to the parents you were born to, with the DNA structure that you have, one in four hundred trillion!
道格在他出生的那一刻,出生在你的父母身边,拥有你这样的 DNA 结构的几率是四百万亿分之一!
Isn't that amazing?
这不是很神奇吗?
I'm so lucky!
我真幸运!
Yes! You're not fine, you're fantastic!
是的!你不是挺好,你棒极了!
You have life-changing ideas for a reason, and it's not to torture yourself.
你为了某个原因而产生改变人生的想法,那可不是为了折磨你自己。
Thank you. Thank you, Doug.
谢谢。谢谢你,道格。
You know, Christine was right when she said all of you could be on stage.
克里斯蒂娜说得对,你们所有人都可以在舞台上。
Because all of you — we're all in this category.
因为你们所有人——我们都是同类。
One in four hundred trillion.
四百万亿分之一。
All day long you have ideas that could change your life, that could change the world, that could change the way that you feel, and what do you do with them? Nothing!
你整天都在想一些可以改变你的生活、改变世界、改变你的感受的想法,但你是怎么做的呢?什么也不做!
And I want you to just think for a minute, because we all have...
我希望你思考一下,因为我们都有……
I love to use the analogy "the inner snooze button", you have these amazing ideas that bubble up, right?
我喜欢用 "内心的打盹按钮 "来做比喻,你会有很多奇妙的想法冒出来,对吗?
You've been watching people all day and I guarantee you, like, you know, ping pong balls, bam-bam-bam, and every time you have an idea, what do you do? Hit the snooze!
你一整天都在观察别人,我向你保证,就像乒乓球,咣当咣当,每次你有一个想法,你会怎么做?打个盹!
What's the first decision you made this morning?
你今天早上做的第一个决定是什么?
I bet it was to go back to bed.
我打赌是回到床上。
"Yeah, first decision today, I'm one in four hundred trillion, I'm going to go back to sleep." And I get it! Your bed is comfortable!
“是的,今天的第一个决定,我是四百万亿分之一,我要回去接着睡觉了。”我懂!你的床很舒服!
It's cosy, it's warm!
它很舒适,它很温暖!
If you're lucky, you've got somebody that you love next to you, or in my case, I've got my husband and my two kids and possibly the dog.
如果你幸运的话,你身边有你爱的人,或者就我而言,我身边有我的丈夫和两个孩子,可能还有狗。
And the reason why I'm bringing up this first decision that you made today, and the inner snooze alarm, is because in any area of your life that you want to change, any, there's one fact that you need to know.
我之所以提到你今天做出的第一个决定,以及内心的 "打盹闹钟",是因为在你想要改变的任何生活领域,你都需要知道一个事实。
This one: You are never going to feel like it. Ever.
这一个:你永远不会感觉想去做。永远。
No one's coming, motivation isn't happening, you're never going to feel like it.
没人会来,毫无动力,你永远不会感觉想去做。
Scientists call it activation energy.
科学家们称它为激活能。
That's what they call the force required to get you to change from what you're doing on autopilot to do something new.
他们指的是令你从自动模式所做的改变到做不一样的事所需要的力量。
So try this test tomorrow.
所以明天试试这个测试。
You think you're so fancy, I know, you're attending TED.
你觉得你很时髦,我知道,你在参加 TED。
Try this.
试试看。
Tomorrow morning, set your alarm for thirty minutes earlier.
明天早上,把你的闹钟设置早三十分钟。
And then when it goes off, take those sheets, throw them off, and stand up and start your day.
然后当它响的时候,把被子掀开丢掉,站起来开始你的一天。
No snooze, no delay, no, "I'll just wait here for five seconds because Mel's not standing here" — Do it.
不打盹,不拖延,不说 "我再等五秒钟,因为梅尔没站在这" ——立刻做吧。
And the reason why I want you to do it is because you will come face to face with the physical, and I mean physical force that's required to change your behavior.
为什么我希望你这么做的原因是你会遇到身体上,没错,身体上的改变你的行为所需要的力量。
Do you think that somebody who needs to lose weight ever feels like going on a diet?
你认为需要减肥的人感觉过想要节食吗?
Of course not!
当然不是!
You think they ever feel like eating boiled chicken and peas instead of a croissant?
你认为他们感觉说想吃煮鸡和豌豆而不是一个牛角面包吗?
I don't think so!
我想不是的!
The activation energy required to get your ass away from your computer and out the front door, to go on the walk, you said that you were going to go on, is the exact same amount of force that it takes you to push yourself out of a warm bed and into a cold room.
从你的电脑前离开,去你说要去的地方散步,获得所需要的激活能,和强迫自己离开温暖的床,走进冰冷的房间所需要的激活能一样多。
What's interesting about being an adult is that when you become eighteen, nobody tells you that it's now going to be your job to parent yourself.
作为成年人的有趣之处在于,当你 18 岁的时候,没有人告诉你,是时候养活自己了。
And by "parent yourself", I mean it's your job to make yourself do the crap you don't want to do, so you can be everything that you're supposed to be.
我说"养活自己",是说让你做那些你不想做的破事,你可以成为你想成为的任何人。
And you're so damn busy waiting to feel like it.
而你却忙着等待这种感觉。
And you're never going to!
而你永远不会等到!
My son never feels like getting off his DS. That's my job!
我的儿子从来不觉得他玩够了他的 DS。这是我的工作!
Get off the damn DS!
别玩那该死的 DS 了!
Kendall, clean up the Barbies!
肯德尔,收起你那些芭比娃娃!
If you're going to have a nude party in my bathroom, at least clean it up!
如果你要在我的浴室开裸体派对,至少打扫干净!
God, chew with your mouth closed!
上帝啊,闭着嘴咀嚼!
We're not a barn, for crying out loud!
我们这儿不是一个谷仓,拜托!
Alright, dinner is coming, get out of the pantry.
好了,晚餐马上好了,从储藏室里出来。
As parents, and you were a kid, your parents make you do the things you don't feel like doing.
作为父母,你也曾是一个孩子,你的父母让你做你感觉不想做的事情。
Because you won't. Ever.
因为你不会去做,永远不会。
Not now, not then, not ever!
现在不会,以后不会,永远不会!
And even when you get good at something, you'll figure out something else you don't want to do.
即使你很擅长某件事,你也会发现你不想做的其他事情。
And then you'll plateau out, you get bored, "I hate this job. Blah blah boring." But will you look for a new one? No!
然后你会停止进步,说:"我讨厌这份工作,很无聊"。但你会寻找一个新工作吗?不会。
You'll just bitch about that one.
你只会抱怨那个工作。
It's very, very simple to get what you want.
得到你想要的东西非常,非常简单。
But it's not easy.
但它并不容易。
You have to force yourself.
你必须强迫自己。
And I mean force.
我是说要强迫。
And the reason why I use the word "force" — when Roz was up here and talking about the emotion tracking, and she had the picture of two sides of the brain — I look at the brain the exact same way.
我使用"强迫"这个词的原因是——当洛兹在这里谈论情感追踪时,她有个大脑两侧的图片——我用同样的方式观察大脑。
Only I describe one side of your brain as autopilot and the other side as emergency brake.
只是我把你大脑的一侧描述为自动驾驶,另一侧描述为紧急刹车。
That's the only two speeds you get: autopilot, emergency brake.
你只有这两个速度:自动驾驶和紧急刹车。
And guess which one your brain likes better: autopilot.
猜猜你的大脑更喜欢哪一个:自动驾驶。
You've had the experience where you've driven to work and you get there and you're like, "Oh my God, I don't remember ever driving here." You weren't drunk!
你一定有这样的经历:你开车去工作,然后你到了那里你突然觉得 "喔,天哪,我不记得我为什么开车来这里"。你没喝醉!
That was your brain on autopilot.
那是你的大脑在自动驾驶。
It was functioning just at this level.
它只在这种程度运作。
And the problem with your mind is that anytime you do anything that's different from your normal routine, guess what your brain does — emergency brake!
你的头脑的问题是,任何时候你做任何异于常规的事,猜猜你的大脑会做什么——紧急刹车!
And it has that reaction for everything. Everything!
并且它对一切都有这种反应。一切!
You walk into the kitchen and you see everybody's left their breakfast dishes for you.
你走进厨房,看到每个人都把早餐盘子留给你洗。
And you think for the hundredth time, "I'm going to kill them.
你想了一百遍:"我要杀了他们。
In fact, I'm gonna leave it here and I'm going to make them do it." But that's not your normal routine, is it?
实际上,我把盘子留在这,我要让他们自己去清理。"但这不是你的日常操作,是吗?
So your mind goes: emergency brake!
所以你的头脑立刻:紧急刹车!
And you go right into autopilot.
你又回到了自动驾驶模式。
"I'll just load it, and be pissed. That's what I'm going to do." So, when I say "force", anything that's a break from your routine is going to require force.
"我就只是放进洗碗机,然后生气,这就是我要做的。所以,当我说"逼迫",任何破坏你的常规的事都需要有力量来逼迫。
And if you think about your life, it's kind of funny because we are kids and then we become adults, and we spend so much time trying to push our life into some sort of stable routine, and then we grow bored of it!
当你想想自己的的生活,还挺有趣的,我们首先是孩子,然后变为成年人,我们花那么多时间试图将我们的生活过成某种稳定的常规,然后我们觉得这很无聊!
You wake up at the same time every day, you have largely the same breakfast, you drive to work the same way, you show up at work, you look busy, you avoid making calls, you update Facebook, you attend a meeting and doodle the whole time; you go back and update Facebook, make plans for the evening, you look busy some more, then drive home the same way, you eat largely the same dinner or, you know, a variety of it; you watch the same kind of media, and then you go to bed, and do the same thing all over again!
你每天在同样的时间起床,吃大致相同的早餐,以同样的方式开车上班,出现在工作岗位上,看起来很忙,避免打电话,更新 Facebook,参加会议并一直涂鸦;回去再更新 Facebook,制定晚上的计划,你看起来更忙了,然后原路开车回家,吃大致相同的晚餐,或者各种各样的晚餐;你看同样的媒体,然后上床睡觉,再做同样的事情!
No wonder you're bored out of your mind!
难怪你无聊到想发疯!
It's the routine that's killing you.
常规在慢慢杀了你。
I have this theory about why people get stuck in life.
我有一个理论是关于为什么人们会在生活中陷入困境。
So, most of you've probably taken your Basic Psych 101, and you've bumped into Abraham Maslow's "Hierarchy of Needs"?
你们中的大多数可能已经上过心理学入门课,并且已经见识过亚伯拉罕·马斯洛的"需求层次"?
Well, your body is kinda cool.
你的身体其实是挺酷的。
Because you have these basic needs.
因为你有这些基本需求。
And your body is wired to send you signals.
你的身体能向你发出信号。
If you are hungry or you need food, what do you feel?
如果你感到很饿或者想要食物,你什么感觉?
If you need water, what do you feel?
如果你需要水,你什么感觉?
I think when you feel stuck or dissatisfied in your life, it's a signal.
我觉得当你在生活中感觉被困住或者不满意,这是一个信号。
And it's not a signal that your life is broken.
这信号并不是说”你的生活破碎了”。
It's a signal that one of your most basic needs are not being met.
它是在说某个你的基本需求没有得到满足。
Your need for exploration.
你对探索的需要。
Everything about your life, about your body, grows!
关于你的生活和身体的一切都会成长!
Your cells regenerate, your hair, your nails, everything grows for your entire life.
你的细胞再生,你的头发,你的指甲,所有的东西在你的一生中都会成长。
And your soul needs exploration and growth.
你的灵魂需要探索和成长。
And the only way you'll get it is by forcing yourself to be uncomfortable.
使它探索和成长的唯一方法是强迫自己变得不舒服。
Forcing yourself to get outside, out of your head. Thank you.
强迫自己到外面去,到你脑袋外面去。谢谢。
If you're in your head, you're behind enemy lines.
如果你在你的脑袋里,你就在敌人后方。
That is not God talking, okay? It's not!
那不是上帝在说话,好吗?不是!
In fact, if I put a speaker on it and we broadcast what you say to yourself, we would institutionalize you.
事实上,如果我给它个喇叭,我们广播一下你对自己说的话,我们会把你抓进精神病院去。
You would not hang out with people that talk to you the way you talk to yourself.
你不会跟以你对自己说话的方式和你说话的人一起玩。
So get out of your head!
所以到你的脑袋外面去!
Your feelings! Your feelings are screwing you!
你的感觉!你的感觉在害你!
I don't care how you feel!
我不在乎你的感觉!
I care about what you want!
我在乎的是你想要什么!
And if you listen to how you feel, when it comes to what you want, you will not get it.
如果你听从你的感受,那么你想要的,你不会得到它。
Because you will never feel like it.
因为你根本不会感觉想要去改变。
And you need to get outside your comfort zone.
并且你需要到你的舒适区以外。
It's not about taking risks, it's about getting outside your comfort zone.
这不是关于冒险,这是关于到你的舒适区以外。
Those first three seconds when you push yourself out of bed, they blow.
你逼自己起床的头三秒真是难熬。
But once you're up, it's great.
但一旦你起来了,就很棒。
Those first three seconds when you're sitting here in a stadium like this and somebody says, "Get up and come dance," and you think, "Oh, I should do that," and then you're like, "Uhmm." That experience that you had when you had the impulse to do it and then you didn't do the activation energy required to force yourself, your emergency brake got pulled — "I'm sitting right here.
当你坐在这儿,像这样一个体育场,听到有人说"起来跳舞啊" 的头三秒,你想:"哦,我应该去跳,"然后你想:"算了。"你有冲动去跳,但最终没跳,你没用所需的激活能去逼迫自己,你的紧急刹车被拉了——"我就坐在这里。
I'm not going up with those crazy people, I don't like to dance... " What happened for me is I came up, and I bumped into Rachel, and then we started talking, and next thing you know, she's tweeting.
我不要跟那些疯狂的人上去,我不喜欢跳舞......"对于我而言,我上来了,然后我碰到了雷切尔,然后我们聊上了,然后她就开始发推特了。
And we're friends. And — boom! Get outside.
然后我们是朋友了。然后——砰!到外面去。
That's where the magic is.
那就是魔力存在的地方。
That's where the one in four hundred trillion exists.
这就是四百万亿分之一的人存在的地方。
So everything I do... oh, OK, this is the last part. Sorry.
所以一切我做……哦,好,这就是最后一部分了,很抱歉。
So one more thing that you can use, I call it the five-second rule.
还有个你能用的,我叫它五秒钟规则。
Your mind can process a facial expression in 33 milliseconds.
你的头脑 33 毫秒就可以处理一个面部表情。
It can move pretty damn quick.
它运作得特别快。
The other thing that it does very quickly is if you have one of those little impulses that are pulling you, if you don't marry it with an action within five seconds, you pull the emergency brake and kill the idea. Kill it!
另一件事是,如果你有一种小冲动驱使着你,如果你没有在五秒钟内采取行动,你就会拉下紧急刹车,扼杀这个想法。杀了它!
If you have the impulse to get up and come dance while the band is playing, if you don't stand up in five seconds, you're going to pull the emergency brake.
如果在乐队演出的时候你有冲动要上来跳舞,如果你在五秒钟内没有站起来,你就要拉紧急刹车了。
If you have an impulse about, you were inspired by somebody's speech today, and you don't do something within five seconds — write a note, send yourself a text — anything physical to marry it with the idea, you will pull the emergency brake and kill the idea.
如果你有种冲动:你今天因为某人的演讲受到启发,你没在五秒之内做些什么——写个笔记,给自己发个短信 ——任何根据这个想法的身体上的行动,你将拉动紧急刹车并扼杀了这个想法。
Your problem isn't ideas. Your problem is you don't act on them.
你的问题不在想法,你的问题是你没有采取行动。
You kill them. It's not my fault. It's not anybody's fault.
你扼杀了它们,这不是我的错,这不是任何人的错。
You're doing it to yourself. Stop it!
这是你在对你自己做的。别这样!
I'm counting on you. One in four hundred trillion.
我相信你,四百万亿分之一。
You got stuff to do!
你会有事要做!
And it's not going to happen in your head.
而它不会发生在你的脑袋里。
So I want you to practice this today.
所以我想让你们今天练习一下。
When we go off to party, thank God it's coming soon, because I think we all could use a cocktail, I want you to practice the five-second rule.
当我们去派对的时候,感谢上帝,派对快开始了,因为我觉得我们都可以喝杯鸡尾酒,我要你练习五秒钟规则。
You see somebody and you think you have an impulse, they look interesting? Walk over there!
你看到某人,你觉得你有一种冲动,他们看起来有趣,走过去!
You were inspired by somebody and you have a request? Make it!
你因为某人受到鼓舞,然后你有些请求?提出来!
That's why you're here!
那是你在这里的原因!
Experiment with it, and I think you'll be shocked about what happens.
试验一下,我相信你会被发生的事震惊的。
And one more thing, you know, I want you to know that everything that I do, whether it's the radio show, or the television show, or the book that I wrote, or the column, it's for you.
还有件事,我想让你们知道我所做的一切,无论是电台节目,电视节目,还是我写的这本书或着专栏,都是为了你们。
And if there is anything that I can do, if I can do anything to make you do the things you don't want to do, so you can have what you want, I will do it.
如果有什么是我能做的,如果我可以做什么来逼你做你不想做的事情,使你可以得到你想要的,我会去做。
But you need to walk over, you need to open your mouth, and you need to make the request.
但你需要走过来,你需要开口,你需要提出这个请求。
You got it? Good. Go do it.
明白了?很好。去做吧。
Thank you! Thank you, yes! Stand up!
谢谢!谢谢,是的!站起来!
You have the impulse, stand up! Thank you!
你有这冲动,站起来!谢谢!