视频加载中...Hi guys! In this video, we're going to look at words to describe everyday objects.
嗨,朋友们!在这个视频中,我们将学习描述日常物品的单词。
Some of these words are nouns and some are adjectives.
这些词有些是名词,有些是形容词。
And because my viewers have different levels, some of them are rather simple and some are quite advanced.
因为我的观众有不同的层次,他们有的处于初级阶段,有则是高级。
As usual, if you would like to subscribe to my free advanced English email lessons, you'll find the link in the description.
和往常一样,如果你想订阅我的免费高级英语电子邮件课程,你可以在描述中找到链接。
In the description, you'll also find a link to my course on common mistakes.
在描述中,你还可以找到我关于“常见错误”课程的链接。
You can receive my special discount for that if you follow that link.
你可以收到我的特别折扣,如果你遵循这个链接。
First, we have a couple of cushions.
首先,我们有几个“靠垫”。
Remember that there's a difference between pillow and cushion.
记住,pillow(枕头)和 cushion(靠垫)是有区别的。
This is a pillow.
这是一个枕头。
It's something that you sleep on.
它是你用来睡觉的东西。
A cushion is normally something that's decorative.
靠垫通常是装饰性的东西。
Um… They come in all different shapes and sizes.
它们有各种不同的形状和大小。
They can be much smaller than this or much bigger than this.
它们可以比这个小得多也可以比这个大得多。
And they're not necessarily square.
它们不一定是方形的。
This is square-shaped.
这是方形的。
This material here looks like suede.
这块料子看起来像仿麂皮。
Suede is leather that's not smooth and shiny.
仿麂皮是一种不光滑有光泽的皮革。
If something is shiny, it means it reflects the light.
如果某物“有光泽”,就意味着它能反射光线。
So this isn't real suede.
所以这不是真正的麂皮。
This is what we call faux suede.
这就是我们所说的人造麂皮。
Yes, that word is pronounced "fo".
是的,这个词读作“fo”。
It comes from French.
它来自法语。
In English "faux" means not real, or fake.
在英语中,“faux”的意思是不真实的或假的。
It's something that's made to look real.
这是一种看起来很真实的东西。
So this is made to look like suede, but it isn't. It's faux suede.
所以这看起来像麂皮,但它不是。这是人造麂皮。
The surface is soft, but you can also say that this is soft because it changes shape easily.
表面很”柔滑“,但你也可以说这是“软的”,因为它很容易改变形状。
Yes… um… "soft" has a few meanings.
是的,“soft”有几个意思。
Here we have another cushion.
这是另一个垫子。
This is also nice and soft, and you could say that this material is fluffy.
这种材料也很柔软,你可以说这种材料很“蓬松”。
This is fluffy material.
这是毛茸茸的料子。
Frank is also fluffy, but I wouldn't call Frank an object.
弗兰克也很毛茸茸,但我不会称他为物体。
Frank is Frank.
弗兰克就是弗兰克。
And here we have a remote control.
这里我们有一个遥控器。
This is the remote control for my reverse-cycle air conditioner.
这是我的逆循环空调的遥控器。
A reverse-cycle air conditioner is one that can cool a room and also heat a room.
逆循环空调是一种既能给房间降温又能给房间供暖的空调。
So you can use it in summer and winter.
所以你在夏天和冬天都可以使用它。
Anyway, this remote control has various buttons (these are buttons), and a little screen.
总之,这个遥控器有各种各样的按钮(这些是按钮),还有一个小屏幕。
It's plastic and it's smooth.
它是塑料的,很光滑。
We would say that this is rectangular.
我们会说这是一个矩形。
Um… It's not technically a rectangular prism because this part here is curved.
严格来说,它不是一长方体,因为这部分是弯曲的。
A rectangular prism, strictly speaking, is a three-dimensional object with six faces that are rectangles.
严格来说,长方体是一个具有六个矩形面的三维物体。
This tissue box is closer to a rectangular prism.
这个纸巾盒更接近于一个长方体。
Now this is made of cardboard.
这是纸板做的。
Cardboard is similar to paper — it's just thicker.
硬纸板和纸很像,只是更厚一些。
You could also say that this is smooth, and that it's colourful.
你也可以说这是光滑的,而且它是彩色的。
"Colourful" means with lots of colours.
“Colourful”的意思是有很多颜色。
Now we have a pen.
现在我们有一支笔。
This is just a regular ballpoint pen.
这只是一支普通的圆珠笔。
It's called a ballpoint pen because there's a very small ball in the tip.
它被称为圆珠笔,因为笔尖上有一个非常小的球。
The tip is the… the very end of it.
“tip”是它的顶端。
This here is the lid.
这是盖子。
Some people would call this a cap, but I call this a lid.
有些人会把这个叫做“帽”,但我叫它盖子。
You can say either.
你可以随便说哪一个。
Now, this is hard.
这很硬。
I mean, it's not soft.
我的意思是,它不软。
If you bend it, it will break.
如果你弯曲它,它就会断。
There's an example of the conditional.
这是一个条件句的例子。
If you bend it, it will break.
如果你弯曲它,它就会断。
Uh… what else? Oh yes. This dark bit here, that's the ink.
还有什么?噢,对。这个黑色的部分,是墨水。
So the ink is the colour that comes out.
墨水它写就是出来的颜色。
Now this is quite thin.
这个很细。
This marker, on the other hand, is rather thick.
另一方面,这个记号笔比较粗。
So thin and thick.
细和粗。
Here we have a battery.
这里有一个电池。
Yes, in the UK and Australia, we often don't pronounce the E.
是的,在英国和澳大利亚,我们通常不发 e 的音。
We say "battry".
我们说“battery”。
But you can say "battery" or "baddery" if you want.
但如果你愿意,你也可以说"battery"或"baddery "。
Now, this is a cylinder.
这是一个圆柱体。
That's the shape of it.
这就是它的形状。
A cylinder is a shape that has a circle on the bottom and a circle on the top which are the same size.
圆柱体是一种形状,底部有一个圆,顶部有一个圆,它们的大小相同。
The adjective of cylinder is cylindrical.
圆柱的形容词是“cylindrical(圆柱形的)”。
I mean, okay, technically there's this little thing on the top, but, you know, basically it's a cylinder.
我的意思是,好吧,严格来说,上面有个小东西,但是,你知道,基本上它是一个圆柱体。
And you can say that it's cylindrical.
你可以说它是圆柱形的。
What else? Uh yeah… I don't actually know what batteries are made of, but the outside at least is some type of metal.
还有什么?嗯,我不知道电池是由什么制成的,但至少外面是某种金属。
So you could say that it's metallic.
所以你可以说它是金属的。
"Metallic" is the adjective of "metal".
"Metallic"是"metal"的形容词。
This here is a diary.
这是一本日记。
Yes, I still use a paper diary to write down things like appointments.
是的,我仍然用纸质日记来记录约会之类的事情。
You could say that this is rectangular.
你可以说这是一个矩形。
It's smooth (it's quite smooth) , it's shiny… and it has a little ribbon.
它很光滑(非常光滑),有光泽,还有一条缎带。
This thing here is a ribbon.
这是一条缎带。
You can use the ribbon as a bookmark in the diary.
你可以把这个缎带用作日记的书签。
Here we have a bowl.
这里我们有一个碗。
This bowl is made of china.
这个碗是瓷器做的。
China is the material that it's made of.
瓷是制造它的材料。
This bowl is very smooth and shiny.
这个碗很光滑,很有光泽。
It's round because it has a… well, because the top is a circle.
它是圆的,因为它的顶部是圆的。
And it's also hollow.
它也是中空的。
That means that you can put things in it.
这意味着你可以把东西放进去。
There's lots of space inside.
里面有很多空间。
I'd also say that this is fragile, or a bit fragile.
我也会说它很易碎,或者有点脆。
If I dropped it on tiles, for example, it would probably break.
例如,如果我把它掉在瓷砖上,它可能会破裂。
That's an example of the second conditional.
这是第二条件句的一个例子。
If I dropped it on tiles, it would probably break.
如果我把它掉在瓷砖上,它可能会碎。
And now we've come to the most exciting part of the video.
现在我们来到了视频中最激动人心的部分。
This is a champagne glass.
这是一个香槟酒杯。
And now that I hold it up to these lights, I realise that it's not totally clean… but anyway… This is a champagne glass.
现在我把它对着灯,我意识到它不是很干净,但不管怎样……这是一个香槟杯。
These tall ones which are the most common champagne glasses nowadays are called flutes.
现在最常见的高脚香槟酒杯被称为“flute”。
This is a champagne flute.
这是一支高脚香槟酒杯。
This is made of glass.
这是玻璃做的。
It's hollow and because it's made of glass, it's also quite fragile.
它是中空的,因为它是由玻璃制成的,所以它也很易碎。
If I dropped it on tiles, it would probably break.
如果我把它掉在瓷砖上,它可能会碎。
And now some parts of the glass.
现在是玻璃的一部分。
These words also apply to regular wine glasses.
这些词也适用于普通的酒杯。
This is the base.
这是底。
This long tall part here is called the stem.
这个长而高的部分叫做杆。
This part is the bowl and the very top part is called the rim.
这部分是杯碗,最上面的部分被称为边缘。
We use the word "rim" for top parts of all glasses and bowls and things like that.
我们用“rim”这个词来形容所有玻璃杯和碗之类的东西的顶部。
Next we have lip balm.
下一个是润唇膏。
Now the container is a cylinder, or you could say that it's cylindrical.
现在,这个容器是圆柱体,或者你可以说它是圆柱体的。
The outside is plastic (well, I think the whole thing is plastic) and it's hard.
外面是塑料的(嗯,我想整个都是塑料的),很硬。
You can call this a stick of lip balm, but technically "stick" refers to what's inside.
你可以把它叫做唇膏棒,但严格来说,“唇膏棒”指的是里面的东西。
The substance inside is a stick of lip balm.
里面的物质是一根润唇棒。
You can call substances a stick if they're shaped a bit like this and if they're quite firm.
如果某种物质的形状有点像这样,而且非常坚固,你可以称它为棒状物质。
So if they're not liquidy.
所以如果它们没有流动性。
Now the container is called a tube.
现在这个容器被称为管。
Lots of medicinal and cosmetic products often come in containers that are called tubes.
许多医药和化妆品通常装在被称为管的容器里。
This one has a twist base, so if I twist it, the lip balm comes out.
这个有一个旋转的底座,所以如果我转动它,润唇膏就会出来。
If that looks a little bit dirty, it's just because I sometimes put it on when I have lipstick on.
如果这看起来有点脏,那只是因为我有时涂口红的时候会涂上它。、
Now we have some lip gloss.
现在我们有一只唇彩。
This lip gloss is also in a tube, but this is a soft tube.
这款唇彩也是筒状的,不过是软筒状的。
The lip balm was in a hard tube or a rigid tube.
唇膏装在硬管里。
If it's a soft tube, we actually call it a squeeze tube or a squeezable tube, because if you take the lid off and you squeeze it (if you press on it) , the product comes out.
如果它是一个柔软的管,我们实际上叫它挤压管或可挤压管,因为如果你把盖子拿开,你挤压它(如果你按压它),产品就出来了。
Ooh, like that… Now we have some mascara.
哦,像这样……现在我们有一些睫毛膏。
This is a tube of mascara, but in reality lots of people would call this a little bottle.
这是一管睫毛膏,但实际上很多人会叫它“little bottle”。
So you could say that this is a long, thin bottle of mascara.
所以你可以说这是一瓶又长又细的睫毛膏。
If you take the lid off, you can see the wand.
如果你把盖子打开,你可以看到“棒”。
This part here is called the wand, just like a magic wand.
这部分叫做“棒”,就像一根魔杖。
And speaking of bottles, here we have a little spray bottle.
说到瓶子,这里有一个小喷雾瓶。
This is lens cleaner.
这是镜片清洁剂。
You can use this to clean the lenses on your glasses.
你可以用这个来清洁眼镜上的镜片。
The lenses are these parts here.
镜片就是这些部分。
One lens, two lenses.
一个镜片是 lens,两个镜片是 lenses。
The other part of the glasses or the other parts all together are called the frame.
眼镜的其他部分或其他部分合在一起称为框架。
Now this is called a spray bottle because if you take the lid off and press on it, you spray the liquid.
这个叫做喷雾瓶,因为如果你把盖子拿开,按下它,你就能把液体喷出来。
And finally, we have my laptop case.
最后是我的笔记本电脑包。
As you can see, this is quite old, but it's still fine, so I'm not going to replace it yet.
如你所见,这个很旧了,但状态还挺好,所以我还不打算换新的。
As I said, this is a case.
就像我说的,这是一个电脑包。
But the word "case" is quite general.
但是“case”这个词是有很多意思。
It's a container or a cover that protects something.
它是保护某物的容器或盖子。
This type of laptop case can also be called a sleeve.
这种类型的笔记本电脑外壳也可以被称为套筒。
It's quite thin and it's not a bag, so you can call it a sleeve.
它很薄,不是袋子,所以你可以叫它套筒。
This laptop case has a zip.
这个手提电脑包有拉链。
This thing here is a zip.
这个东西是拉链(zip)。
You can also call it a zipper.
你也可以叫它拉链(zipper)。
That's it for today, guys.
今天就到这里了,伙计们。
I hope you found this educational.
我希望你觉得这个视频很有教育意义。
If you would like to practise using some of these words, or if you'd just like to practise your writing, go down to the comments section and describe an object that you use on a regular basis.
如果你想练习使用这些单词,或者你只是想练习你的写作,就去评论区描述一个你经常使用的物体吧。
Thanks very much for watching, guys.
非常感谢大家的收看。
I'll see you next time.
我们下期见。