视频加载中...Hello you gorgeous things and welcome to my super advanced lesson on flirting.
你好,美女们,欢迎来到关于搭话的超级高级课程。
So if you're out of the loop, if you are uninformed on what I'm talking about right now, recently I have been making a series of videos where I take common everyday topics, the kind of first ones that you learn in English, and I take them to an extremely advanced level.
所以如果你有点懵圈,如果你不知道我现在在说什么,最近我一直在制作一系列视频,我把常见的日常话题,也就是你在英语中学到的第一种话题,提升到一个非常高的水平。
I'm talking C1, C2.
我说的是 C1,C2 级别。
Whilst I'm not recommending that you force yourself to speak on these everyday topics at this level, it's a really fun and interesting way to learn advanced grammar and advanced vocabulary.
虽然我不建议你强迫自己用这个水平的英语谈论这些日常话题,这是学习高级语法和高级词汇的一种非常有趣的方式。
Today is part of a two-part series.
今天的课程是一个由两部分组成的系列课程的一部分。
In this lesson, I am going to show you how you can ask someone out, how you can flirt with someone at a C1 to C2 advanced level.
在本节课中,我将向你展示如何约某人出去,如何用 C1 到 C2 的高水平英语跟人调情。
And next week in the next video, I'm going to show you how you can break up with someone at a C1, C2 advanced level.
在下周的视频中,我将向你展示如何与 C1、C2 的高水平英语跟人分手。
It's going to be hilarious.
会很好笑的。
We're going to be focusing on British English slang, and we'll also touch on some pronunciation as well.
我们将着重讲解英式英语的俚语,我们还将讨论一些发音。
In the next lesson about breaking up, we'll focus more on general vocabulary and grammar.
在下一节关于分手的课中,我们将更多地关注一般词汇和语法。
And before I begin, as always, I have made a beautiful PDF to go with this video.
和往常一样,在我开始讲解之前,我想说我已经制作了一个漂亮的 PDF 来配合这个视频。
It covers everything we talk about in this lesson.
它涵盖了我们在这节课中讨论的所有内容。
Plus, I've also included some more realistic ways to flirt with people and ask them out on a date.
此外,我还囊括了一些更实用的说法来和人们调情,并邀请他们出去约会。
It could be really useful for you if you're learning English for that reason.
如果你因为这个原因而学习英语,这对你真的很有用。
I know lots of people are, because they want to meet an English-speaking partner.
我知道很多人都是这样的,因为他们想认识一个说英语的伴侣。
On top of that, if you really want to master the B1 or B2 or C1 level of English, I have created an ebook and you can download it for free.
最重要的是,如果你真的想掌握 B1 或 B2 或 C1 水平的英语,我创建了一本电子书,你可以免费下载。
It's my B1, B2 and C1 ebook.
这是我的 B1、B2 和 C1 电子书。
It contains everything that you need to learn to achieve the B1, B2 and C1 levels of English.
它包含了达到 B1、B2 和 C1 英语水平所需学习的一切。
If you would like to download that, all you have to do is click on the link in the description box, enter your name and your email address.
如果你想下载,只需要单击描述框中的链接,输入你的姓名和电子邮件地址。
You sign up to my mailing list and the PDF will arrive directly in your inbox.
注册到我的邮件列表,PDF 将直接发送到你的收件箱。
And after that, you've joined my PDF club.
之后,你就加入了我的 PDF 俱乐部。
You will automatically receive all of my free weekly lesson PDFs alongside my news, course updates and offers.
你每周将自动收到我所有的免费课程 PDF 以及我的新闻、课程更新和优惠。
And it's a free service, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
这是一项免费服务,你可以随时取消订阅。
Right, let's get back to the lesson.
好的,我们说回课程。
Okay, let's start with the first one.
好的,我们从第一个开始。
This is a baseline.
这是基准线。
It doesn't have any slang.
它里面没有任何俚语。
It's a starting point so that you can make comparisons with later passages.
这是一个起点,这样你就可以和后面的段落进行比较。
Let's try it.
我们来试试吧。
Ready?
准备好了吗?
My friend doesn't think you'll agree to go on a date with me, but I'd love to take you out for dinner sometime.
我的朋友认为你不会同意和我约会,但我想找个时间带你出去吃饭。
Nice and simple, a nice easy start.
又好又简单,一个很好的简单开始。
That's our baseline.
这是基准线。
Let's move to the next level, level two.
让我们进入下一个级别,第二级。
I've been wanting to ask you out all night, but my mate told me I had no chance of getting a date with you.
我整晚都想约你出去,但是我的朋友告诉我我没有机会。
He'll be absolutely speechless if you say yes.
如果你答应了,他就无话可说了。
So you wanna to get a bite to eat?
你想吃点东西吗?
No pressure.
没有压力。
So did you understand all of that?
你都明白了吗?
It wasn't too advanced, but there are a few words that I really want to look at.
用词不是太高级,但是有几个词我真的很想讲讲。
The first one is mate, mate.
第一个是朋友,朋友。
This here in this context means friend, and it's really common in British English, but it's even more common in Australian English.
这里的这个意思是朋友,这在英式英语中很常见,但在澳大利亚英语中更常见。
For example, my mates encouraged me to ask you out.
例如,我的朋友鼓励我约你出去。
The second word is the informal contraction wanna, which is short for want to, wanna.
第二个单词是非正式的缩写,想要,它是 want to 的缩写形式,wanna。
Some people pronounce it wanna, others wanna with more of an o sound.
有些人把它读成 wanna,有些人的发音会更偏向于 o 音。
Some use a, wanna, wanna as an alternative.
有些人或说 a,wanna。
An example, do you want to go for a drink sometime?
举个例子,你想找个时间去喝一杯吗?
And the final phrase from that text is a bite to eat, a bite to eat.
这段文本的最后一个短语是 a bite to eat,a bite to eat。
Now notice the pronunciation here.
注意这里的发音。
In fast speech, when one word ends in a vowel sound and the next one starts with a vowel sound, we often add an extra sound to make it easier to say.
在快速说话时,当一个单词以元音结尾,下一个单词以元音开头时,我们经常添加一个额外的音来让它更容易说。
In this case, the extra sound is w, a bite to eat, to eat.
在这种情况下,额外的音是 w,a bite to eat,to eat。
But what does it mean?
但这又意味着什么呢?
Well, a bite to eat often means a small meal.
嗯,a bite to eat 通常意味着一小餐。
However, we also use it in conversation to ask if someone wants to go out for something to eat, not necessarily something small.
然而,我们也在谈话中使用它来询问某人是否想出去吃点东西,不一定是小东西。
It's just very informal.
这是非常非正式的。
For example, fancy getting a bite to eat at the local pub.
例如,想象一下在当地的酒吧吃点东西。
Note that you will also hear bite on its own or a bite on its own.
请注意,你还会听到人们单独说 bite 或 a bite。
Fancy a bite later, fancy something to eat later.
一会儿想吃一口,一会儿想吃点什么。
Now, before I move on, I also want to talk about something in this question.
在我继续之前,我还想谈谈这个问题中的一些东西。
You might have noticed that do is missing from it.
你可能已经注意到其中缺少 do。
Instead of saying, do you wanna get a bite to eat?
没有说 do you wanna get a bite to eat?
I just say, you wanna get a bite to eat?
我只是说,you wanna get a bite to eat?
And in informal speech, we often omit auxiliary verbs like do from questions.
在非正式话语中,我们经常省略疑问句中的 do 等助动词。
If we want to go super informal, we can omit you as well.
如果我们想说得很不正式,我们也可以省略 you。
Wanna get a bite to eat?
想吃点东西吗?
Okay, I can do better than this.
好的,我可以做得更好。
We can go more advanced.
我们可以更高级。
Let's try level three.
让我们试试第三级。
Ready?
准备好了吗?
You are, by miles, the most stunning person in the room, and I've been weighing up whether to come over or not.
你是全场最迷人的人,我一直在考虑要不要过来。
My mate over there, the slightly trolleyed one, told me I didn't have a chance in hell of getting you to go out with me.
我那边那个醉醺醺的朋友,告诉我我根本没机会让你和我约会。
He's gonna be gobsmacked if you agree, so what do you reckon?
如果你同意,他会大吃一惊的,所以你怎么看?
You wanna go out for a slap-up meal sometime?
你想找个时间出去吃顿大餐吗?
No worries if not.
如果没有,不用担心。
Okay, how did you do with that?
好的,你觉得如何?
It's definitely getting more advanced.
肯定越来越高级了。
Not too advanced though.
不过还不是太高级。
It doesn't sound like you're trying to be Shakespeare.
听起来你并不想成为莎士比亚。
The first phrase is by miles, by miles.
第一个短语是 by miles,by miles。
You can also say by far.
你也可以说到 by far。
It means by a very large amount or by a long way.
意思是非常多或非常远。
We do not use the metric system when we use this phrase.
当我们使用这个短语时,我们不使用公制长度。
We can't say by kilometres.
我们不能用公里来表示。
It just doesn't sound right.
这听起来不太对劲。
An example, you're the funniest person I've ever met by miles, by a long way.
举个例子,你是我见过的最有趣的人。
We also had to weigh up, to weigh up.
我们还有权衡,权衡。
This is a phrasal verb.
这是一个动词短语。
This means to think carefully about doing something before making a decision.
这意味着在做决定之前仔细考虑做某事。
There is another linking sound in that phrase, to weigh up, weigh up.
在这个短语中还有另一个连接音,to weigh up,weigh up。
Can you hear it?
你能听到吗?
We insert a little/j/sound.
我们插入一点/j/音。
My next word is extremely colloquial, informal.
我的下一个词是非常口语化的,非正式的。
It's trolleyed, trolleyed, and this means very drunk.
那就是 trolleyed,trolleyed,这意味着非常醉。
Ben's trolleyed.
本喝醉了。
Get him a taxi.
给他叫辆出租车。
And next, we have an idiom, to not have a chance in hell.
接下来,我们有一个成语,在地狱里都没有机会。
Sometimes we omit the in hell part.
有时我们会忽略 hell 的部分。
We just say, to not have a chance.
我们只是说 to not have a chance。
And even sometimes, to not stand a chance.
甚至有时候会说 to not stand a chance。
We also use it with the verb to be.
我们也把它和动词 to be 连用。
There's no chance in hell that he will go out with you.
他绝对不可能和你约会。
Now, this example might sound a little bit mean, but it's an example of British banter, our humour.
现在,这个例子听起来可能有点刻薄,但这是英国人戏谑、幽默的一个例子。
We often say these kinds of things to close friends, knowing, hopefully, that they will know that it's a joke.
我们经常对亲密的朋友说这些话,他们知道这是在说笑。
It's like playful teasing.
这就像俏皮的戏弄。
It can go too far, but be prepared for it if you come to Britain and mix with Brits.
有时候可能会过分,但是如果你来到英国并与英国人交往,你就要做好心理准备。
Next, I just want to mention gonna from that text.
接下来,我只想从那篇文章中提到去。
It's another informal contraction, just like wanna or wanna.
这是另一个非正式的缩写,就像想要或想要。
Gonna is generally pronounced with the schwa.
Gonna 通常用弱读音发音。
Gonna, gonna.
Gonna,gonna。
You gonna ask him out or not?
你到底要不要约他出去?
You gonna ask him out or not?
你到底要不要约他出去?
Another great word, super informal, gobsmacked.
另一个很棒的词,超级非正式,目瞪口呆。
Gobsmacked.
惊呆了。
So gob is quite a rude, informal slang word for mouth.
所以 gob 是一个相当粗鲁的非正式俚语。
Shut your gob.
闭上你的嘴。
If you are gobsmacked, you are so surprised that you can't speak.
如果你目瞪口呆,你会惊讶得说不出话来。
You smack your mouth.
你打你的嘴。
I'm gobsmacked.
我大吃一惊。
I'm absolutely gobsmacked.
我真的大吃一惊。
It's very informal.
这很不正式。
I was gobsmacked when he turned up to our date wearing a tuxedo, black tie.
当他穿着燕尾服,打着黑领带出现在我们的约会对象面前时,我大吃一惊。
The final word that I want to point out from that text is an adjective, slap-up.
这段文字中我想指出的最后一个词是一个形容词,Slap-up。
Slap-up, which often comes before the word meal.
Slap-up,通常出现在吃饭这个词之前。
This means a very large and delicious meal.
这意味着一顿丰盛美味的大餐。
But I will tell you a secret.
但是我要告诉你一个秘密。
I didn't understand the meaning of this for a very long time.
很长一段时间我都不明白这是什么意思。
I thought a meal that was... A slap-up meal was something that was just slapped up in the kitchen, something that was made in a really careless way.
我以为 a slap-up meal 是在厨房里随便做的,是用一种非常粗心的方式做的饭菜。
So honestly, if someone had invited me for a slap-up meal, I'd have said, well, maybe you could put in a little bit more effort.
所以老实说,如果以前有人邀请我去吃 a slap-up meal,我会说,嗯,也许你可以多付出一点努力。
An example, I'd love to take you out for a slap-up meal sometime, a really large and delicious and luxurious meal.
举个例子,我很想带你出去吃一顿大餐,一顿非常丰盛、美味、奢华的大餐。
That was good, but I think we can make it even more advanced.
这很好,但我认为我们应该吃点更好的。
Here is number four, level four, the final level.
现在是第四级,最后一个级别。
Ready?
准备好了吗?
My mate, the tipsy one by the bar, is absolutely sick of me banging on about how stunning you look and told me to shut my cakehole and do something about it.
我的朋友,酒吧里喝醉的那个,绝对受够了我喋喋不休地说你看起来有多漂亮,并告诉我闭上嘴去找点事做。
Anyway, I decided nothing ventured, nothing gained, so I'm here to ask you out for dinner.
不管怎样,我想着不冒险就没有收获,所以我来这里约你出去吃饭。
He'll be floored if you say yes.
如果你答应,他会被大吃一惊的。
Maybe literally, he's more than tipsy, to be honest.
老实说,也许从字面上看,他不仅仅是喝醉了。
And I'll be well chuffed to get a date with the fittest person in London.
我很高兴能和伦敦最健壮的人约会。
No stress if you don't fancy it though.
如果你不愿意,不要有压力。
Okay, how was that one?
好的,怎么样?
Would you say yes to me?
你会答应我吗?
It was packed full of slang, so let me break some of it down for you.
它里面都是俚语,所以我来讲解一下。
We have to be sick of something.
我们有厌倦某事。
If you are sick of something, you are bored of something because it's annoying, it's repetitive.
如果你厌倦了某事,那么你觉得某事无聊,因为它很烦人,它是重复的。
You will also hear people say, I'm sick of it, I'm sick of this, I'm bored of this.
你也会听到人们说,我受够了,我受够了,我受够了。
An example, I'm sick of you talking about Dylan, either ask him out or stop.
举个例子,我受够了听你谈论迪伦,要么约他出去,要么停下来。
We also have to bang on about something, to bang on about.
我们还有喋喋不休地谈论一些事情。
This means to talk for a long time about something in a way that is annoying.
这意味着以令人讨厌的方式谈论某事很长时间。
Ruth's been banging on about her date for hours.
露丝喋喋不休地谈论她的约会已经好几个小时了。
Did you notice that when I'm trying to be extra informal, instead of saying banging with the ng sound at the end, I said banging, banging.
你有没有注意到,当我想表现得更加非正式时,我没有把 banging 的尾音 ng 说得很重,我说的是 banging,banging。
And sometimes we do this for emphasis.
有时候我们这样做是为了强调。
It also sometimes happens when we talk quickly.
当我们快速说话时,有时也会发生这种情况。
I've been singing for hours, singing for hours, should be singing.
我已经唱了几个小时了,唱了几个小时,应该是唱歌。
The next word is possibly the funniest one on my list.
下一个单词可能是我列表中最有趣的一个。
Cakehole, cakehole, which is British slang for mouth.
Cakehole,cakehole,这是英国俚语中嘴的意思。
Isn't that wonderful?
这难道不巧妙吗?
It's literally the hole that you put cake into.
就是你把蛋糕放进去的洞。
So we've had gob and cakehole.
所以我们有 gob 和 cakeole。
This is an incredibly rude lesson.
这是一节超级粗鲁的课。
It's not a polite word, but you will often hear it in the phrase, shut your cakehole, shut your mouth.
这不是一个礼貌的词,但是你会经常在短语中听到它,闭上你的嘴,闭上你的嘴。
In American English, they often say piehole, which maybe means that Americans prefer pie over cake.
在美式英语中,他们经常说 piehole,这可能意味着美国人更喜欢馅饼而不是蛋糕。
Now I want to talk about the idiom, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
现在我想谈谈这个成语,没有冒险,没有收获。
This is a proverb, meaning that you have to take risks to achieve something or to get something good.
这是一句谚语,意思是你必须冒险才能取得成就或得到好东西。
If you don't take any risks, you won't get the reward.
如果你不承担任何风险,你就得不到回报。
An example, just ask Ravi on a date, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
举个例子,只要和拉维约会,没有冒险,没有收获。
Next, let's look at the verb to floor, which means to confuse or to surprise someone so much that they don't know what to say.
接下来,让我们看看动词 to floor,意思是让某人困惑或惊讶,以至于他们不知道该说什么。
Very slang here.
这里很俚语。
You saw this phrase in the passive voice, he'll be floored, but you can also use it in the active voice.
你在被动语态中看到过这个短语,他一定会大吃一惊的,但你也可以在主动语态中使用它。
Amelia floored me when she asked me if I wanted to dance.
当阿米莉亚问我是否想跳舞时,我惊呆了。
I didn't think she knew who I was.
我以为她不认识我。
After that, you heard the most marvellous slang adjective, chuffed, chuffed, which means very happy or proud, or sometimes even satisfied in a positive, in a really positive way.
在那之后,你听到了最棒的俚语形容词,欣喜若狂,欣喜若狂,意思是非常高兴或自豪,或者有时甚至以积极的方式满足,以一种非常积极的方式。
I was really chuffed, surprised and happy.
我真的很高兴,很惊讶,也很开心。
I was really chuffed when Tom gave me his phone number, or I was so chuffed with my exam result.
当汤姆给我他的电话号码时,我真的很高兴,或者我对我的考试结果很高兴。
We sometimes say well chuffed or chuffed to bits for emphasis.
为了强调,我们有时会说 well chuffed 或 chuffed to bits。
Using well instead of very or incredibly is uber slang.
用 well 来代替 very 或难以置信是非常俚语化的。
It's not traditionally grammatically correct, but it's a common feature in many dialects.
这在传统语法上并不正确,但这是许多方言的共同特征。
You look well nice today.
你今天气色真好。
That food is well good.
那食物很好。
Unless you're trying to integrate into a specific community that uses it, I wouldn't say it's something that you should really say, but it's really important to understand it.
除非你试图融入一个使用它的特定社区,否则我不会说这是你应该说的,但是理解它真的很重要。
And the final word that I want to talk about is fit, fit, which in the text, in that context means physically attractive.
我想说的最后一个词是健壮的,健壮的,在文本中,在这种情况下意味着身体上的吸引力。
We met some really fit guys at the pub last night.
我们昨晚在酒吧遇到了几个非常健壮的小伙子。
Did you notice how I used a glottal stop at the end?
你注意到我最后是怎么用喉塞音的吗?
Fit guys, fit.
健壮的小伙子,健壮。
I'm being informal.
我的说法很不正式。
And when I am with my friends or family, I'm talking fast.
当我和我的朋友或家人在一起时,我会说得很快。
We're having fun.
我们玩得很开心。
I don't follow all of the RP pronunciation rules.
我不遵守所有的标准发音规则。
I do use the glottal stop.
我确实会使用喉塞音。
I do make intentional grammar mistakes.
我确实会故意犯语法错误。
As I said, you don't want to sound forced, but really important that you understand why people say them.
就像我说的,你不想听起来像是被迫的,但真正重要的是你要理解人们为什么这么说。
Okay. What do you think?
好吧。你觉得怎么样?
Would you use any of these phrases to ask someone out if you were in the UK?
如果你在英国,你会用这些短语中的任何一个来约某人出去吗?
And maybe you can adopt some of the slang into your daily conversations.
也许你可以在日常对话中使用一些俚语。
Let me know in the comment section.
在评论区告诉我。
That's it for me today.
我今天就讲到这里。
Don't forget to download that free PDF and your copy of the B1, B2, and C1 ebook.
不要忘记下载免费的 PDF 和 B1、B2 和 C1 电子书。
There is awesome information in there, which will really help you on your English learning journey.
里面有很棒的内容,将真正帮助你的英语学习之旅。
It's a beautiful ebook.
这是一本漂亮的电子书。
You're going to be quite amazed that it's free.
你会惊讶于它是免费的。
Yes, we spent a lot of time in 2023 building that book.
是的,我们在 2023 年花了很多时间来制作那本书。
The link to download the PDF and ebook is in the description box.
下载 PDF 和电子书的链接在描述框中。
Also, check out my English courses, especially if you're looking to master the higher levels.
另外,请看看我的英语课程,尤其是如果你想掌握更高的水平。
We have some really amazing courses.
我们有一些非常棒的课程。
We've had the most fantastic results with our advanced-level students.
我们的高等级学生取得了最好的成绩。
If you're interested in joining my B1, B2, or C1 programs, just visit englishwithlucy. com.
如果你有兴趣加入我的 B1、B2 或 C1 项目,请访问 englishwithlucy. com。
I've also left the link in the description box.
我也在描述框中留下了链接。
I will see you soon for another lesson.
我们下节课再见。