CNN知天下-朝鲜迎来俄罗斯游客,引起美国情报官员担忧

晓丝英语 2024-03-06 00:08:14

视频加载中...

COY WIRE, CNN 10 ANCHOR: What's up sunshine and congrats to all of us for having this extra day in our year, 366 days instead of 365.

COY WIRE,CNN 10 号主播:阳光好,祝贺我们所有人,一年中多了这一天,366 天,而不是 365 天。

Thanks to leap year.

感谢闰年。

Today, we get that rare extra day in February.

今天,我们在二月份获得了难得的额外一天。

It's Thursday, the 29th, happy Friday Eve.

今天是 29 号星期四,周五除夕快乐。

I'm Coy Wire.

我是科伊·电线。

Welcome to CNN 10, the best 10 minutes in news.

欢迎收看 CNN 10,这是新闻界最好的 10 分钟。

We start today in the Northern part of Texas where the Smokehouse Creek fire is one of the several Texas panhandle wildfires, forcing evacuations of towns, the loss of power and water shortages to thousands of homes and businesses and the temporary shutdown of a nearby nuclear weapons facility out of an abundance of caution.

我们今天从德克萨斯州北部开始, 那里的斯莫克豪斯溪火灾是德克萨斯州狭长地带的几场野火之一,迫使城镇疏散, 成千上万的家庭和企业停电和缺水, 附近的核武器设施暂时关闭出于高度的谨慎而设施。

At the time of this recording, the fast-moving blaze had scorched through an area spanning approximately 500,000 acres.

截至录制本视频时,快速蔓延的大火已烧毁面积约 500,000 英亩的地区。

That's about 11 times the size of Washington D.C. making this the second largest wildfire on record in Texas, burning more land in 48 hours than all of the state's 2023 fires combined.

这大约是华盛顿特区的 11 倍, 是德克萨斯州有记录以来第二大野火,48 小时内燃烧的土地比该州 2023 年所有火灾的总和还多。

Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued a disaster declaration for 60 counties in the area.

德克萨斯州州长格雷格·阿博特对该地区 60 个县发布了灾难声明。

He urged people to stay safe and to refrain from any activities that may cause any sort of spark because the conditions there are ripe for further fires, extremely dry, high temperatures, and winds.

他敦促人们保持安全,不要进行任何可能引起任何火花的活动,因为那里的条件已经成熟,容易发生进一步火灾,极度干燥、高温和大风。

Let's all send some positive energy and thoughts to Texas.

让我们一起为德克萨斯州传递一些正能量和想法吧。

We're going to continue to monitor this situation and keep you up to date right here on CNN 10.

我们将继续关注这一情况,并通过 CNN 10 向您通报最新情况。

Pop quiz hot shot.

流行测验热门镜头。

What year was North Korea founded?

朝鲜是哪一年建国的?

1946, 1948, 1950, 1953.

1946 年、1948 年、1950 年、1953 年。

If you said 1948, put your hands up.

如果你说 1948 年,请举手。

After World War II, the Korean Peninsula was split in two, along the 38th parallel.

第二次世界大战后,朝鲜半岛沿北纬38度线一分为二。

That border was upheld after the Korean War is now called the demilitarized zone or DMZ.

朝鲜战争后保留的边界现在被称为非军事区或 DMZ。

Let's head to North Korea now, which has been an esoteric isolated place on this planet for years, especially for tourists.

现在让我们前往朝鲜,多年来,朝鲜一直是这个星球上一个深奥的与世隔绝的地方,特别是对于游客来说。

But that is changing now as North Korea welcomed Russian tourists to their country this week.

但随着朝鲜本周欢迎俄罗斯游客来到他们的国家,这种情况正在发生变化。

North Korea and Russia have recently developed friendly political and military ties.

朝鲜和俄罗斯最近发展了友好的政治和军事关系。

And that is raising concern from U.S. intelligence officials.

这引起了美国情报官员的担忧。

Lately, many Russian tourists have found themselves unable to visit popular tourism destinations around the world.

最近,许多俄罗斯游客发现自己无法前往世界各地的热门旅游目的地。

But North Korea offered a rare opportunity for about 100 Russian nationals to visit what is called the hermit kingdom.

但朝鲜为大约 100 名俄罗斯国民提供了访问这个所谓隐士王国的难得机会。

This group is believed to be North Korea's first tourist since the pandemic.

据信,这群人是大流行以来朝鲜的第一批游客。

Our Will Ripley has more.

我们的威尔·里普利还有更多。

WILL RIPLEY, CNN INTERNATIONAL CORRESPONDENT (voice over): After years of near total isolation, North Korea is rolling out the red carpet for Russian visitors.

美国有线电视新闻网 (CNN) 国际记者威尔·里普利(画外音):在经历了多年近乎完全孤立的状态后,朝鲜正在为俄罗斯游客铺上红地毯。

This group of 100 believed to be the first post-pandemic tourists.

这100人被认为是大流行后的第一批游客。

Visiting Kim Jong-un's hermetically sealed nation amid its deepening ties with Russia.

在金正恩与俄罗斯关系不断加深的情况下访问这个封闭的国家。

They flew from Vladivostok to Pyongyang on a vintage Russian plane operated by Air Koryo, North Korea's only airline.

他们乘坐一架老式俄罗斯飞机从符拉迪沃斯托克飞往平壤,该飞机由朝鲜唯一的航空公司高丽航空运营。

I've flown it more than a dozen times when westerners were still allowed in.

当西方人还被允许进入时,我已经飞过十几次了。

This Russian tour and perhaps more to come is about more than sightseeing, it is about the bigger picture of international relations.

这次俄罗斯之行, 或许还有更多的旅行, 不仅仅是观光,而是国际关系的大局。

Russia and North Korea strengthening ties, icing out the west.

俄罗斯和朝鲜加强关系,使西方雪上加霜。

Ilya Voskresensky is a travel blogger from St. Petersburg, a tough job these days.

伊利亚·沃斯克列森斯基 (Ilya Voskresensky) 是一位来自圣彼得堡的旅游博主,如今这份工作很艰难。

Many European nations ban Russian tourists, the result of Putin's war on Ukraine.

许多欧洲国家禁止俄罗斯游客,这是普京对乌克兰发动战争的结果。

ILYA VOSKRESENSKY, TRAVEL VLOGGER (through translator): I signed up for this tour the moment I heard about it.

ILYA VOSKRESENSKY,旅行 VLOGGER(通过翻译):我一听说这次旅行就报名参加了。

It is like stepping back in time, reminiscent of the stories my grandparents told me about life in the Soviet Union.

这就像回到过去,让人想起我的祖父母告诉我的关于苏联生活的故事。

The empty streets, the lack of advertisement, its surreal.

空荡荡的街道,没有广告,很超现实。

RIPLEY: Elena Bychkova is a marketing professional from Moscow.

里普利:埃琳娜·比奇科娃 (Elena Bychkova) 是一位来自莫斯科的营销专业人士。

ELENA BYCHKOVA, MARKETING PROFESSIONAL FROM MOSCOW (through translator): The meticulous preparations for our visit felt like being in a theater production, but amidst the choreographed scenes, I couldn't shake the feeling that there another side to North Korea, one that remains hidden.

埃琳娜·比奇科娃 (Elena Bychkova), 来自莫斯科的营销专家(通过翻译):为我们的访问所做的精心准备就像置身于一部戏剧作品中,但在精心设计的场景中, 我无法摆脱这样的感觉:朝鲜还有另一面, 仍然存在隐。

RIPLEY: Beneath that carefully controlled facade, encounters with North Korean children revealing curiosity, genuine interest in the outside world.

里普利:在精心控制的外表下,与朝鲜儿童的接触流露出对外部世界的好奇心和真正的兴趣。

WIRE: All right, so 2024 is a leap year.

WIRE:好的,所以 2024 年是闰年。

We get 366 days on the calendar instead of 365. But why, what is a leap year?

日历上有 366 天,而不是 365 天。但是为什么,什么是闰年呢?

First off, there are 365 days in a calendar year because that's how long it takes for the earth to travel around the sun, right?

首先,一年有 365 天,因为这就是地球绕太阳一周所需的时间,对吧?

Well, it's actually about 365 and a quarter of a day, which means our calendar gets out of sync by a quarter of a day, each year.

嗯, 实际上大约是 365 又四分之一天,这意味着我们的日历每年都会有四分之一天不同步。

So in the year 45, B.C. Julius Caesar declared that every four years a day needed to be added to the calendar to balance things out.

所以在公元前 45 年朱利叶斯·凯撒宣称,每四年需要在日历中添加一天以平衡事物。

Thus, the Julian calendar was born.

于是,儒略历诞生了。

But one caveat, it was later determined that it actually takes slightly less than 365 in a quarter days for earth to rotate around the sun, 44 minutes less to be exact.

但需要注意的是,后来确定地球绕太阳旋转一周实际上需要略少于 365 分钟,确切地说是 44 分钟。

And over time, those 44 minutes add up.

随着时间的推移,这 44 分钟加起来。

So in the 16th Century, Pope Gregory XIII tweak the system again so that leap ears would occur in any year that's divisible by four, but only in centuries that are evenly divided by 400, confusing, I know.

因此,在 16 世纪, 教皇格列高利十三世再次调整了系统, 使得闰耳发生在任何能被 4 整除的年份,但只发生在能被 400 整除的世纪中, 我知道,这令人困惑。

That means that in the 1600s, the 2000s, those have leap years, but not the 1700s, 1800s, and 1900s.

这意味着在 1600 年代、2000 年代有闰年,但 1700 年代、1800 年代和 1900 年代没有。

Is that math, mathing?

这是数学吗,数学吗?

Yeah.

是的。

OK.

好的。

Pope Gregory also made February 29th, the official date to add during a leap year.

教皇格雷戈里还指定了 2 月 29 日,这是闰年期间添加的官方日期。

And he dubbed this new system, the Gregorian calendar, and that's the one used in the majority of the world today.

他将这一新系统称为公历,这是当今世界大多数国家所使用的日历。

Today's story getting a 10 out of 10 has us flipping out one of the HBCUs historically black college and universities has become the first to have a gymnastics team.

今天的故事得到 10 分(满分 10 分)让我们彻底淘汰了 HBCU 历史悠久的黑人学院和大学,它已成为第一所拥有体操队的大学。

Legends like Simone Biles and Gabby Douglas have inspired a myriad of youngsters to pursue a passion they may not have had otherwise.

像西蒙·拜尔斯和盖比·道格拉斯这样的传奇人物激励了无数年轻人去追求他们原本不可能拥有的激情。

And now Fisk University in Nashville, Tennessee is helping to create a brighter tomorrow.

现在,位于田纳西州纳什维尔的菲斯克大学正在帮助创造更加光明的明天。

NAIMAH MUHAMMAD, GYMNAST, FISK UNIVERSITY: Gymnastics is considered a white sport.

NAIMAH MUHAMMAD,体操运动员,菲斯克大学:体操被认为是一项白人运动。

If you look at the sport as a whole, there's probably about 10% maybe of athletes who wouldify themselves as a black athlete in the sport of gymnastics.

如果你从整体上看这项运动,可能有大约 10% 的运动员将自己归类为体操运动中的黑人运动员。

The teams I was always on were very supportive, even though, of course, usually I was always like one of two black girls on those teams.

我一直在的球队都非常支持我,当然, 通常我总是像那些团队中的两个黑人女孩之一。

I was the only black girl on many of the teams.

我是许多团队中唯一的黑人女孩。

Gabby was like my idol that watched her win the Olympics.

盖比就像我的偶像一样,看着她赢得了奥运会。

And that inspired me to take gymnastics a little bit more seriously.

这激励我更加认真地对待体操。

Getting ready for competitions, you know, everyone will do their hair together and stuff, and my hair is way different texture from anyone else's.

为比赛做准备, 你知道,每个人都会一起做头发之类的,而我的头发质地和其他人的很不一样。

I absolutely hated my hair.

我非常讨厌我的头发。

You're constantly surrounded by girls that are just doing slick backs and, like, can put their hair up in a bun easily and stuff.

你周围经常有一些女孩, 她们的背部很光滑,比如可以轻松地将头发盘成发髻之类的。

And it's like, OK, well, my hair doesn't do that.

就像,好吧,好吧,我的头发不会那样。

CORRINNE TARVER, HEAD GYMNASTICS COACH, FISK UNIVERSITY: We're gone cheer her on.

CORRINNE TARVER,菲斯克大学体操首席教练:我们去为她加油了。

And then she's going to do a routine.

然后她会进行例行公事。

MUHAMMAD: The first thing I noticed about Coach Dee was that she had locs.

穆罕默德:关于迪伊教练,我注意到的第一件事是她有地方。

This was the first time I've ever had a black woman coach in my life.

这是我一生中第一次遇到黑人女教练。

And she had hair that looked like me.

她的头发和我很像。

And now I'm on a team with girls with hair like mine, and they can help me with my hair.

现在我和一个和我头发一样的女孩一起工作,她们可以帮我打理头发。

And I don't feel like I have to change anything about myself to fit in.

而且我觉得我不需要改变自己的任何事情来适应。

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Let's go, right here.

身份不明的女性:我们走吧,就在这里。

That hand.

那只手。

Go Zana.

走吧,扎娜。

TARVER: Sometimes they had to choose between an HBCU or gymnastics.

TARVER:有时他们必须在 HBCU 和体操之间做出选择。

And so now they don't have to choose.

所以现在他们不必选择。

It is the first gymnastics program at an HBCU or historically black college or university in history.

这是历史上 HBCU 或历史悠久的黑人学院或大学的第一个体操项目。

And Naimah is remembered as the first HBCU gymnast to ever compete in history.

奈玛 (Naimah) 被认为是历史上第一位参加比赛的 HBCU 体操运动员。

MUHAMMAD: And that was like crazy, high emotions.

穆罕默德:那就像疯狂的、高涨的情绪。

I was crying.

我当时正在哭。

I was like, oh my God, this is amazing.

我当时想,天哪,这太棒了。

Every meet after that, we would be signing autographs or meeting young girls after the competitions, because this was huge for them.

此后的每次见面,我们都会在比赛结束后签名或与年轻女孩见面,因为这对她们来说意义重大。

I get so many DMs and so many messages.

我收到了很多私信和消息。

And so many -- I get tagged in so many posts from the low black gymnasts all over.

还有很多——我在很多来自低等黑人体操运动员的帖子中被标记。

You're one of her favorite gymnasts to watch.

你是她最喜欢看的体操运动员之一。

Do you think maybe you could send her some motivation.

你认为也许你可以给她一些动力吗?

You were truly an inspiration.

你确实是一个灵感。

This girl Kamaya.

这个女孩卡玛亚。

She did her black history month project on me.

她对我进行了黑人历史月项目。

It was like, she wrote like a whole thing.

就像,她写了整件事。

And that's also funny because I -- I -- I did -- I did a black history remote project on Gabby Douglas.

这也很有趣,因为我——我——我做了——我做了一个关于加比·道格拉斯的黑人历史远程项目。

So it is a full circle thing.

所以这是一个完整的循环。

I remember making -- like, doing a project like this.

我记得做过一个这样的项目。

Now someone's doing one on me.

现在有人对我做了一件事情。

TARVER: We still have a long way to go.

塔弗:我们还有很长的路要走。

Now, as a young gymnast, you're going to see people who look like you year after year after year.

现在,作为一名年轻的体操运动员,你会年复一年地看到长得像你的人。

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Bulldogs on me.

身份不明的女性:斗牛犬攻击我。

Bulldogs on three.

斗牛犬三分。

1, 2, 3. ALL: Bulldogs.

1、2、3。全部:斗牛犬。

WIRE: Rise up higher and higher, we go.

WIRE:升得越来越高,我们走。

One quick random thought for you this Thursday.

本周四给你一个快速的随机想法。

How is it that our brains remember that we forgot something, but we can't remember what that thing was.

我们的大脑如何记得我们忘记了某件事,但我们不记得那件事是什么。

One thing I will not forget, shout out time.

我不会忘记一件事,喊出时间。

This shout out goes to Godley High School in Godley, Texas, go Wildcats.

这声呐喊的对象是德克萨斯州戈德利的戈德利高中,野猫队。

And this shout out goes to the Cougars at South Pontotoc Middle School in Pontotoc, Mississippi.

这声呐喊是献给密西西比州蓬托托克市南蓬托托克中学的美洲狮队的。

Keep it 100, y'all especially in that grade book.

保持100,尤其是在成绩册上。

See you tomorrow superstars.

明天见,超级巨星。

It'll be Friyay.

这将是弗里耶。

We'll finish this week strong.

我们将强势结束本周。

I'm Coy Wire and we are CNN 10.

我是 Coy Wire,我们是 CNN 10。

0 阅读:0

晓丝英语

简介:感谢大家的关注